Banana Bread

I don't get bananas. I don't know if it's the taste of the texture but I don't get them. They are one of the only foods which I don't like eating. Cheese on toast is one of the other ones.

Banana bread is the only way I every get to eat bananas. Sometimes I think of taking a slice with me on a walk but there is never some in the house at the time I need it.

This recipe is for all you people out there who have mushy bananas in the house and need to think of a use for them. And it's good too.

This banana bread is filling. Filling and tasty. The pecans on to burnt a bit but I didn't care. You can use walnuts or pecans in this recipe. We only had 18g of walnuts so it was almost completely pecans.


This recipe is from the cookbook called:

'Good Food 101 Cakes and Bakes'


Ingredients

100g butter, softened

140g light muscovado sugar

2 eggs, lightly beaten

100g walnuts, chopped

2 ripe bananas, mashed

2 tbsp milk

225g self-raising flour



Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4/fan oven 160°C. Butter and line a 1kg loaf tin. Cream the butter and sugar, then add the eggs. Set aside 25g walnuts, then fold in the rest along with the bananas and the milk. Fold in the flour. Spoon into the tin and sprinkle over the rest of the walnuts. Bake for 55-60 minutes until risen and fully cooked. Stand for 10 minutes, then turn out, remove the lining paper and cool.










Comments

Popular Posts