Hot Cross Buns

Happy Easter!

As you may be able to tell from the title, today we are going to be making Hot Cross Buns. I just ate one and I can confirm that they are very tasty.


Does anyone else remember the nursery rhyme about hot cross buns? I can remember singing it when I was like 6. 



These hot cross buns weren't as hard as I thought they would be. I used our KitchenAid to make the dough. Once I had made the dough I had to add the fruit and it was very hard. I had to try and make sure the fruit was evenly distributed which sounds easy. It isn't. I spent a lot of time prodding pieces of fruit into the dough. I then left them to rise in this cool thing my dad made for my mum (the dough bot). I then shaped the pieces and left them to rise for another hour before piping on the crosses and baking them.



I used Claire Ptak's recipe which was in the Guardian. I was going to use Nigella's but that one needed to prove overnight whereas Claire Ptak's didn't. You can find the recipe here.


Comments

Popular Posts