Rainbow Cake

Hello! I'm back. Sorry I've been gone for a few weeks - I went to London at the end of the summer holidays, then I got ill and then I went back to school and have been busy since then which means that I have been spending my time doing my homework instead of baking.


I've wanted to make a rainbow cake for the longest time and this summer I finally made one. I took hours and I had to do the washing up at least 4 times but it was pretty successful (and very tasty!)


I used a recipe I found online and then used a different recipe for the buttercream icing. Cake Recipe and Icing Recipe.


Tip: Crumb coat the entire cake so you don't get crumbs in the icing. I did crumb coat the cake but I obviously didn't cover it enough because I ended up with crumbs in the icing.

Tip 2: Don't try and cut the caramelization from the sides of the cake because your cake will end up lopsided and hexagon shaped (not round). And try and make the cake straight on top because as you can see from the photos, mine wasn't.




To decorate the sides of the cake I made an assortment of fondant flowers in the colours I used for the cakes. You can find the recipe I made in one of my previous blog posts (here).

Comments

Popular Posts